Help us raise awareness about the pervasiveness and serious health effects of electrical pollution. Electrical pollution is at the root of one of the most serious public health crises in the modern era and most people do not even know it exists. More and more research is becoming available and more people can make anecdotal reports about the effect electrical pollution has on them. It is time to turn this into momentum to eliminate electrical pollution. Below are some ways you can help do this. Any contribution towards this effort will be appreciated by all of us who are affected and will be a step in the direction of being able to live a healthy normal life without daily problems with electrical pollution.
- Sign the following petitions:
- Spread the word about the public health threat posed by electrical pollution. Link to http://www.electricalpollution.com on your Facebook or MySpace page, if you have one, or notify your friends online via email.
- Join the electrical pollution mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "join email list" in the subject heading. The electrical pollution mailing list receives periodic mailings with the most recent news and papers. Help raise awareness by passing them on to others who may find them interesting.
- Contribute monetarily to organizations working on this issue:
- Hold a showing of Take Back Your Power - a very powerful movie which follows the director's journey of discovery about the hazards of smart meters - privacy, security, and health. This is an eye-opening community rousing movie.
- Start a campaign to pass Consumer protective smart meter legislation in your state. Sample legislation titled "The **state name** Utility Consumers Health, Safety and Privacy Protection Act" can be found at www.electricalpollution.com/documents/SmartMeterLegis2014.doc
- Raise awareness about the Baby Safe Project. While many women may be inadvertently harming their unborn children through their use of wireless devices, even women who are aware of the risks and consciously trying to avoid exposure will have difficulty due the very high biologically active levels of microwave radiation present in our environment from wireless technology. Do we really care so little about our children and so much about constant wireless access?
- Use this brief, but thorough outline of the full scope of the public health threat posed by exposure to high frequencies from electrical pollution and from transmitters to educate your legislators and other professionals concerned with public health about the threat and the solutions. Click here for more information on how to be most effective.
- Sign CLOUT petition https://www.cloutnow.org/ Coalition for Local Oversight of Utility Technologies (CLOUT) is a new, nationwide grass-roots coalition of individuals and organizations committed to restoring local governmental control over telecommunications towers and related wireless facilities in the United States. Our efforts include amending Section 704 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 so that the health and environmental effects of cell towers and other commercial wireless facilities be made a legal, legitimate component of all
deliberations involving their placement, construction, and modification.
Please visit their website, http://www.cloutnow.org/, sign the petition, and circulate it widely.
- If one or more consumer products are responsible for making you ill, please report it/them. (Be prepared with the manufacturer, model and/or serial number, and the symptoms it causes.)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission - The Consumer Product Safety Commission is responsible for taking dangerous products off the market. You can file a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission at 1-800-638-2772 or https://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/incident.aspx.
- Food and Drug Administration - The FDA regulates electronic consumer products that emit radiation (such as microwave ovens and video monitors and cellphones). You can file a complaint through the Medwatch Program on their website at https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/medwatch-online.htm or by calling 1-800-FDA-1088. The same program that regulates medical devices, regulates consumer products that emit radiation.
- EMR Policy Institute - Please send a copy of the complaints filed with the FDA and the Consumer Product Safety Commission for radiation emitting devices to the EMR Policy Institute at email@example.com with "Radiation Emitting Device Complaint" in the subject heading so that they can independently compile the complaints. This is not a substitute for filing complaints with the FDA or the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
These dangerous consumer products will not be either removed from shelves or re-engineered unless complaints are filed. See the Solutions page for a list of steps you can take to reduce your exposure to high frequencies.
- Use handouts on the Further Info page to help raise awareness about electrical pollution. Particularly useful venues might be support groups or advocacy associations you are/were a member of as a result of your illness.
- Nominate electrical pollution to be one of Project Censored stories for this year. Project Censored publishes a list of stories that they consider to be the most important missed news stories of the year follow the link to nominate electrical pollution. http://www.projectcensored.org/censorship/nominate/ They would like hard information about the story. Abstracts or papers from the Research Page should be good or any local news articles you may have. It probably would not hurt to briefly outline your experience with electrical pollution.
This page is under construction. Please check back for more steps you can take.