State of Wisconsin - Office of State Representative Barbara Gronemus
PO Box 8952 State Capitol Madison, WI 53708
1-888-534-0091 * 608-266-7015 * firstname.lastname@example.org * FAX: 608-282-3691
TO: PARTIES EXPRESSING SUPPORT OF AB529, relating to remediation of objectionable flows of electric current, burden of proof and damages in certain actions against pubic utilities, making an appropriation, and providing penalties. ~ "Electrical Consumer Bill of Rights"
FROM: STATE REPRESENTATIVE BARBARA GRONEMUS
DATE: DECEMBER 23, 2003
RE: PUBLIC HEARING ON AB529
The Assembly Committee on Energy and Utilities has scheduled Assembly Bill 529 for a Public Hearing as follows:
Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2004
Place: Room 412 East, State Capitol
Your attendance would enhance the cause to secure the passage of AB529 into law. You can either Register In Favor or Speak In Favor at the hearing. If you desire to Speak In Favor of AB529, I wish to make the following recommendations:
- Most committees allow speakers, outside of the main authors, 5-7 minutes in which to make their oral presentation.
- If your presentation is extensive in nature, use your oral time to provide the committee with a brief summation of your position and bring with you a full text written testimony that can be submitted to the committee for review.
- In both oral and written presentations, be concise and to the point in expressing your position.
- Be prepared to answer questions from committee members relating to AB529 or points made in your oral presentation.
- ABOVE ALL - BE POSITIVE IN WORD AND ACTION - REMEMBER THE OLD SAYING, " You can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar!"